Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hiding unwanted items in Facebook

This is a public service announcement. I have a Facebook account for friends and family networking. I love seeing comments and updates – but I gotta tell you that I don’t care if you harvested goat milk in Farmville or shot down 500 Mafia bad guys. If you feel like me, here’s an easy way to update your news feed so these items don’t show up.

When an unwanted update appears in your News Feed, simply mouse over the update and click the Hide button that appears to the right of the update. Instead of hiding your friend, click the name of the application or game you want to hide - like Farmville. The beautiful thing is, not only does it hide the Farmville update from your friend, it also hides the Farmville updates for anyone else who plays Farmville.